The streets of Chicago are one of the toughest places to grow up. There were not a lot of opportunities for an aspiring graphic/visual artist. Attending The Ohio State University art program was one of the first steps I took upon myself, then moving to the Bay Area to obtain my Master's Degree has truly afforded me the opportunities to excel professionally. Taking every opportunity to become a great artist has always been a goal and I won't stop until this goal and more are achieved. No time for defeat!
P.D. Carter II
|Name||:||P.D. Carter II|
My work has allowed me to showcase my work across various platforms for the following companies and organizations:
- Contra Costa College
- Interactive Systems
- Bowl'd Acai Food Truck
- Corporate Shoe Boutique
- Hikari Sales USA, Inc
- Greater Love C.O.G.I.C
Produce products such as logo designs, flyers, brochures, business cards, label designs & etc.
Skilled in turning my drawings into vector art to be viewed on both print formats and web based programs.
Produced various marketing adverstisments for print and web formats.
UI/UX & FRONT END DESIGN
Skilled in showing how a website will function from start to finish with drawings, to wireframes, to computer executions.
Sneakers are an art form that I always look at for inspiration. Whether it's color, materials or textures, they serve as a great inspiration.
2017 - Present
The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center - Suisun City, CA
• Design image for all publication, marketing products and events for The Salvation Army Suisun City Kroc Center.
• Coordinate the production and distribution of comprehensive program guides in print and electronic format, three or four times annually.
• Work cooperatively with program coordinator in the promotion of new and existing programs.
• Approving all narrative, style, and design work as fitting with the mission of The Salvation Army Suisun City Kroc Center.
2008 - Present
P.D. Carter II Studios, LLC
• Serve as Head Designer & Consultant for various non-profit organizations, small businesses, college/university, music labels, clothing boutiques, & food companies
• Established and improved branding system that included logo design, website design, flyers, tickets, programs, & banners
• Developed several projects that included t-shirt designs, company hat designs, & business cards
• Enhanced the development, designs & user experience of various websites
2015 - 2016
Hikari Sales U.S.A., Inc.
• Managed the development of creative solution through visual communication
• Lead the design and implementation on all advertisements and website
• Produced web layouts, print graphics, and package and label designs
• Worked closely with magazine companies to align design objectives with marketing goals and target audiences
2014 - 2015
• Advanced design and structure for overall ecommerce website, PowisCustom.com
• Developed graphic design works for Powis Products including Website Banners, Phone and Tablet Designs, and Promotional Flyers
• Established graphic design content for email mailing list
• Operated binding and printing machines that help create Powis products
2009 - 2015
Web and New Media
Academy of Art University
Masters of Fine Arts - Graduated
2001 - 2007
Art and Technology
The Ohio State University
Bachelors of Arts & Science - Graduated
“ Design is Thinking made Visual ”
“ To design is communicate clearly, by watever means you can control or master. ”
“ Every version of the Air Jordan was influenced by the desire to always be better and to reach higher levels. He inspired me every single time because frankly, he got better every year. ”